Whenever you’re planning to invite a Warnham plumber to carry out work in your home, it’s really important to make sure you fully understand what has been agreed and what protection is in place for you as the consumer. A good Warnham plumber will always be happy to discuss all these matters with you, and to provide you with written confirmation or evidence if needed.
Here are some questions you should ask your Warnham plumber before you agree to them beginning work in your home:
- How long has the company been in business? A long pedigree is likely to indicate a reputable and trustworthy firm, as companies offering poor service and workmanship rarely stay in business for long. However, that’s not to say that a company which hasn’t been established for very long won’t do an equally good job.
- Can I see references or examples of similar work? Don’t be shy to ask to see what their results look like and what other customers have to say about them.
- Is the work guaranteed and is the guarantee insurance-backed? Ideally the answer should be “yes” as this can give you peace of mind that if there are any problems, they can quickly be put right.
- Are you insured? Your Warnham plumber should have public liability insurance and employer’s liability insurance, which covers them while working at your property.
- Are there any additional costs? Check whether the quote is all-inclusive or whether you’ll be charged for things like travel, waste removal and parking on top.