Your boiler is one of the most important pieces of equipment within your Tilgate property. A broken boiler is bad news for everyone who occupies your property and normal life will not resume until the problem is fixed.
Because it is such a vital appliance you will want to look after your boiler and avoid potentially costly emergency boiler repair. Even if you have had a boiler installation recently within your Tilgate home or if you have an older boiler, there are things you can do to prolong a boilers lifespan.
How can I prolong the lifespan of my boiler?
- Give your boiler a rest in summer but do switch it on once a month for 15 minutes to avoid any grit build up in the boiler pump.
- Lag your pipes to avoid them freezing or bursting
- If you notice anything unusual – noises, a leak, an odour or a lack of heat – do get it checked by a certified Tilgate boiler repair engineer as soon as possible. The longer you wait the worse (and more expensive) it may get.
- Don’t work the boiler any harder than you need to – don’t heat an empty house and turn the thermostat down at night.
- To remove any sludge or debris build up in the system you can opt for a power flush.
- Ensure that your boiler is serviced annually by a certified Tilgate boiler installation and repair engineer