As all landlords in the Pound Hill area will be well aware, one of the key responsibilities of anyone renting out a property to tenants is to ensure all gas appliances are functioning safely. This needs to be proved through the issuing of a gas safety certificate by a Pound Hill boiler installation firm or gas engineer who is Gas Safe registered.
A large number of Pound Hill boiler installation and boiler repair companies offer gas safety testing and certificates, meaning that you can fulfil your legal obligations as a landlord. A gas safety inspection will normally cover the following tasks:
- inspection of your boiler and controls to make sure they’re working safely
- testing the gas pressure on the boiler
- a flue test to make sure the boiler isn’t creating unsafe emissions
- inspection of your central heating system to check for leaks or corrosion
- carrying out checks on other gas appliances, such as gas fires and cookers.
If all the above factors are in order and deemed to be safe, then a gas safety certificate can be issued. If there is any reason why a gas safety certificate can’t be issued, you’ll be informed of the work that needs to be done and will then need to call a Pound Hill boiler repair firm to bring your boiler up to standard.