In 2005 and 2007 it became a legal requirement in the UK that all new boiler installations, whether gas or oil fired, had to be condensing boilers. This aimed to reduce the amount of CO2 emissions and make boilers more energy efficient.
It is therefore likely that your Langley Green property has a condensing boiler installed or if your old boiler requires significant boiler repair that the next boiler you install will be condensing.
While condensing boilers are greener, there are further considerations around which boiler system is right for you. Will you choose a combi, heat only or system boiler? Will it be run on gas, oil, biomass or solar energy?
So, which boiler is right for you?
This will depend upon the requirements, size and location of your home? You will need to consider:
- What size of boiler system can your house accommodate?
- Are you connected to the main gas supply?
- How many bathrooms do you have and how much hot water will you require?
- Will you require a flue or chimney?
- Do you have oil or wood pellet suppliers in your area?
A qualified Langley Green boiler repair and installation engineer will be able to advise you. Always remember it pays to get quotes from different boiler installation and repair companies and to do your research.